MARC has prepared the draft 2020-2024 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for public review and comment. This core 5-year planning document includes all federally funded surface transportation projects, and all regionally significant surface transportation projects, regardless of funding source, planned for the Kansas City metropolitan area in Federal Fiscal Years 2020-2024.
The document is developed cooperatively with local governments, state departments of transportation and transit operators. The goal of the plan is to implement the policies and strategies of our current long-range transportation plan, Transportation Outlook 2040.
The plan includes an Environmental Justice analysis that looks at the group of projects to assess whether they pose disproportionally high or adverse human health and environmental effects, including social and economic, on minority and low-income populations.
Large projects in 2020-2024 TIP
- RideKC MAX service — fixed-route line, demand responsive
and BRT service
- KC Streetcar — Main Street Extension to UMKC
Kansas City, Missouri & KC Streetcar Authority, $316,850,000
- US 169 — bridge over Missouri River
- I-435 — corridor improvements from I-49 to
Kansas state line
- I-35 and 119th Street interchange
Submit comments by Friday, Oct. 11, 2019.
- By mail: Mid-America Regional Council, 600 Broadway, Suite 200, Kansas City, Missouri, 64105
- By phone: 816-474-4240
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org