Missouri Department of Transportation crews will begin working at the I-435 and I-70 interchange beginning on Thursday, March 7! The project includes removing left exits on I-435, making safety improvements at the loop ramps, adding lanes on I-435 in each direction and building new bridges within the interchange. The work will have major traffic impacts over the course of two construction seasons. Learn more about the project.
On both Thursday, March 7, and Friday March 8, beginning at 9 a.m., crews will close the right lane of eastbound I-70 from 18th Street to Cleveland Ave. until approximately 3 p.m. each day. This closure is to stage signs, equipment and detours routes.
The following ramps will be closed throughout March and remain closed until December 2020:
- Westbound I-70 loop ramp to southbound I-435. The signed detour will use westbound I-70 to Manchester to turn around on eastbound I-70 to southbound I-435.
- Eastbound I-70 loop ramp to northbound I-435. The signed detour will use US 40 starting near 31st Street to northbound I-435.
- Manchester Trafficway on-ramp to westbound I-70.
- I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Manchester.
The project has the potential to add more time to your daily commute, presenting a great opportunity to explore other commuting options through RideshareKC.
- Find a carpool partner at RideshareKC.org. This website connects you with others who live and work near you and want to carpool.
- Take the bus. Find bus routes and schedules at RideKC.org. Rather than sitting in traffic, you can read, listen to music or chat with other riders.
- Park and ride. The Kansas City region has many park and ride lots where you can meet up with fellow carpool riders and connect to public transit. Find a park and ride lot.
If you regularly take the bus, carpool, vanpool or ride a bike to work, register for the Guaranteed Ride Home program and we’ll provide up to two taxi rides home per year in case of emergency. Call 816-842-RIDE (7433) or visit RideshareKC.org for more information.