Periodically, MARC seeks public comments on transportation planning efforts and major amendments to transportation plans. Our public input page provides details about how to submit your comments. All comments will be documented and reviewed by MARC’s Total Transportation Policy Committee.
We are currently seeking public feedback on two transportation-related programs:
Transportation Outlook 2040 Amendment #1
In June 2015, the MARC Board of Directors approved an update to Transportation Outlook 2040, the Kansas City region’s long-range Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP). It is a blueprint that describes how the region will manage, operate and invest in its multimodal transportation system over the next 25 years. Transportation Outlook 2040 describes the current and evolving surface transportation needs of the metropolitan area and identifies $33.1 billion in transportation investments ranging from road and transit improvements to projects that enhance bike, pedestrian and freight movement.
Amendments are made to Transportation Outlook 2040 as new projects, funding or programs arise and MARC always seeks public review and comment on these amendments. This proposed amendment involves three projects, as described below.
• Add Project #3014: I-435/State Avenue Interchange — Construction of a diverging diamond interchange at I-435 and State Avenue in Wyandotte County, Kansas. This will replace an existing interchange of a different design.
• Add Project #3015: I-70/I-435 Interchange: — Construction of a flyover ramp from I-435 NB to I-70 WB in Wyandotte County. This will replace an existing interchange ramp of a different design.
• Modify Project #3009: I-435/MO-210 Interchange —In Clay County, add an auxiliary lane to I-435 from Parvin Road to the Missouri River with construction of diverging diamond the interchange at I-435/MO-210. This will replace an existing interchange
Details of the projects are available online at http://www.to2040.org/amendmentprocedures.aspx
2016 Special Amendment #1 to the 2016-2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The TIP is an important, short-term planning document that helps budget funds for significant transportation improvements in the region. It identifies significant projects that receive federal funds that will be implemented over the next three to five years.
The proposed special amendment includes five projects:
- Two new projects:
• #280133 – KDOT — I-435/State Avenue interchange
• #380151 – KDOT — K-7/K-10 interchange; High friction surface treatment
- Three modified projects
• #349224 – KDOT–Johnson County Gateway Interchange Project
• #350222 – Overland Park – Prairie Trace – Hilltop Campus Trail
• #380127 – KDOT– I-435 from 87th St. East to Pflumm Road
Details of the projects are available online at http://www.marc.org/Transportation/Plans-Studies/Transportation-Plans-and-Studies/TIP/TIP-Amendment-Archive/Archive-assets/16SpecAmend1.aspx
Please submit your comments by Thursday, May 5, 2016.
- By mail: Mid-America Regional Council, 600 Broadway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64105
- By phone: 816-474-4240
- By fax: 816-421-7758
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org