Periodically, MARC seeks public comments on transportation planning efforts and major amendments to transportation plans. Our public input page provides details about how to submit your comments. All comments will be documented and reviewed by MARC’s Total Transportation Policy Committee.
We are currently seeking public feedback on one transportation-related program:
2016 2nd Quarter Amendment to the 2016–2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The TIP is an important, short-term planning document that helps budget funds for significant transportation improvements in the region. It identifies significant projects that receive federal funds that will be implemented over the next three to five years.
The proposed quarterly amendment to the 2016–2020 TIP includes 83 projects — 68 new projects and modifications to scope, schedule and/or budget of 15 projects.
The 68 new projects include:
- #380146: -Toll Feasibility Study for the South Lawrence Trafficway and K-10 Corridors
- #490152: -Pavement Improvements on M-152 from I-29 to US-169
- #590225: -Pavement Improvements on US-169 from Barry Rd. to I-29
- #690473: -ITS Message Board Installation on I-470 & I-49
- #790094: -Bridge Improvements on Route A over Black Creek in Cass County
- #867003: -Bridge Replacement on 347th St. in Miami County
Details of the projects are available online at marc.org/Transportation/Plans-Studies/Transportation-Plans-and-Studies/TIP/TIP-Amendment-Archive/Archive-assets/16Q2amend.pdf
Please submit your comments by Wednesday, March 30, 2016.
- By mail: Mid-America Regional Council, 600 Broadway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64105
- By phone: 816-474-4240
- By fax: 816-421-7758
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org