Periodically, MARC seeks public comments on transportation planning efforts and major amendments to transportation plans. Our public input page provides details about how to submit your comments. All comments will be documented and reviewed by MARC’s Total Transportation Policy Committee.
We are currently seeking public feedback on one transportation-related program:
Draft of the 2016–2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
(comments due by Thursday, Oct. 1)
The TIP is an important, short-term planning document that helps budget funds for significant transportation improvements in the region. It identifies significant projects that receive federal funds which will be implemented over the next three to five years. MARC updates the full TIP every two years. In between updates, the TIP is amended on a quarterly basis to allow for the addition of new projects and changes to existing projects.
The 2016–2020 TIP was developed in compliance with MAP-21 regulations, the most recent legislation governing the federal transportation program. It contains:
- A financial plan that accounts for inflation and includes system-level estimates of operation and maintenance costs and revenues.
- An environmental justice analysis that examines transportation investments and impact.
- Visualization techniques, maps and diagrams that help convey information.
- An updated interactive, online map display of project locations and information.
The draft 2016–2020 TIP document and project lists are available online at http://marc.org/Transportation/Plans-Studies/Transportation-Plans-and-Studies/TIP/2016%E2%80%932020-TIP.
Please submit your comments by Thursday, Oct. 1.
- By mail: Mid-America Regional Council, 600 Broadway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64105
- By phone: 816-474-4240
- By fax: 816-421-7758
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org