Updates are complete at www.TO2040.org, the online home of Transportation Outlook 2040 — Greater Kansas City’s metropolitan transportation plan.The plan will guide an estimated $33.1 billion in multimodal investments in the bistate region over the next 25 years. For nearly two years, MARC committees and staff worked with local government planners, elected officials, regional stakeholders and the public to update the plan. The MARC Board of Directors adopted the Transportation Outlook 2040 update on June 23, 2015.
Features of the site:
- A landing page with the plan’s policy framework.
- The adopted plan documents and appendixes.
- The plan’s goals and overarching strategies.
- Information on the region’s land-use, centers-and-corridors and conservation policies.
- An outline of projects included in the plan.
- An interactive map of the plan’s constrained and transit projects.
- An archive of performance measure reports from 2011 to the present.
- A section on public participation, which includes the plan’s process archive and information about how to stay involved.