Periodically, MARC seeks public comments on transportation planning efforts and major amendments to transportation plans. Our public input page provides details about how to submit your comments. All comments will be documented and reviewed by MARC’s Total Transportation Policy Committee.
We are currently seeking public feedback on two transportation-related programs.
2015 3rd Quarter Amendment to the 2014–2018 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
(comments due by Thursday, July 2, 2015)
The TIP is an important, short-term planning document that helps budget funds for significant transportation improvements in the region. It identifies significant projects that receive federal funds to be implemented over the next three to five years.
The proposed special amendment to the 2014–2018 TIP includes 43 projects.
Twenty-five new projects include:
- #790050 and #790051 — two bridge replacements in Cass County.
- #490147 – I-29: pavement improvements from Todd Creek to Vivion Road in Platte County.
- #690453 – I-435: pavement improvements from Raytown Road to Route W in Jackson County.
- #690458 – I-70: pavement improvements from Sterling Avenue to M-291 in Jackson County.
Eighteen modified projects include:
- • #280120 — Funding for right-of-way and utility relocation on bridges #30 and #173 of the Lewis and Clark Viaduct in Kansas City, Kansas.
- • #990214 — Adjustment to schedule and budget for US-24: pavement improvement from Route 291 to Route 7 in Platte County.
Details of the projects are available online at: http://www.marc.org/Transportation/Plans-Studies/Transportation-Plans-and-Studies/TIP/TIP-Amendment-Archive/Archive-assets/15Q3amend.aspx.
Submit your comments:
- By mail: Mid-America Regional Council, 600 Broadway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64105
- By phone: 816-474-4240
- By fax: 816-421-7758
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org