Periodically, MARC seeks public comments on transportation planning efforts and major amendments to transportation plans. Our public input page provides details about how to submit your comments. All comments will be documented and reviewed by MARC’s Total Transportation Policy Committee.
We are currently seeking public feedback on one transportation-related program:
2015 2nd Quarter Amendment to the 2014–2018 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
(comments due by Thursday, April 2, 2015)
The TIP is an important, short-term planning document that helps budget funds for significant transportation improvements in the region. It identifies significant projects that receive federal funds which will be implemented over the next three to five years. MARC amends the TIP on a quarterly basis to allow for the addition of new projects and changes to existing projects in the TIP.
The proposed amendment to the 2014–2018 TIP includes six projects: four new projects and two modifications, including:
- #349241 — 151st Street and Scarborough Street intersection improvements in Olathe, Kansas.
- #397002 — Waverly Road; US-56 south to 119th Street in Edgerton, Kansas.
- #880006 — K-68 from US-169 east to US-69 in Louisburg, Kansas.
- #490148 — I-635 ramp improvements in Riverside, Missouri.
Details of the projects are available online at marc.org/Transportation/Plans-Studies/Transportation-Plans-and-Studies/TIP/TIP-Amendment-Archive/Archive-assets/15Q2amend.pdf
Please submit your comments by Thursday, April 2, 2015.
- By mail: Mid-America Regional Council, 600 Broadway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64105
- By phone: 816-474-4240
- By fax: 816-421-7758
- By email: email@example.com