How can public-private partnerships help address the infrastructure needs of states and local governments in times of budget challenges? We are co-sponsoring a workshop called The Value of PPPs for Infrastructure in the Midwest on Dec. 6, 2012, at the Westin Crown Center. The event will feature experts from the public and private sector, and focus on economic development, information/communications technology, real estate, transportation and water.
Learn about the following:
- Basic considerations for planning to use a public-private partnership.
- Legislative and regulatory provisions that make it possible to use public-private partnerships for infrastructure projects.
- Public-sector steps that should be taken before issuing a request for proposals.
- Components of successful collaboration.
- Case studies where public-private partnerships have worked for small and large projects.
- Financing tools available.
The workshop is organized by the National Council for Public-Private Partnerships.