How many days topped 100 degrees during this year’s Green Commute Challenge? Representatives from employer teams who participated in the contest were asked this question during a quiz at our awards luncheon at the Gladstone Community Center on Oct. 26. The answer was 13 scorching-hot days!
The following companies received awards for logging the most points for using alternative transportation from July through September:
- Small employer category – Rees Masilionis Turley Architecture
- Medium employer category – Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Large employer category – UMB Bank
Other recognitions included:
- Outstanding workplace promotion – City of Shawnee
- Rising Star Award – City of Kansas City, Mo.
- Outstanding Performance by a New Employer – Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
Saving money on their commute was the number one reason most people —63 percent — said they participated in the Green Commute Challenge this year. Since the contest ended in late September, 84 percent of participants report using alternative modes of transportation at about the same rate they were during the challenge.